The phone number for the After School Program in the afternoon when it is in session is (914) 229-8237.
AFTER-SCHOOL POLICY 2018-19
Iona Preparatory School provides an After-School Program (“Afters”) as a service to our parents. In order to run an efficient and safe program we ask that you adhere to the following rules and regulations:
• The Afters program for grades K-8 runs from 2:45 to 5:30 P.M at a cost of $30 for the regular program and $15 for the sports or activity rate (see below).
• Credit card payment - Whenever possible and for regular use, students should be pre-registered for Afters. Please complete the on-line registration form before the first After-School Program session. A calendar will be on-line for the available Afters days. The completed calendar and full payment is due before the start of the next month.
• Check Payment - Whenever possible and for regular use, students should be pre-registered for Afters. Please complete the registration form (see pdf below) before the first After-School Program. Please use the attached calendar for the available Afters days. The completed calendar and full payment is due before the start of the next month. Checks should be made to “Iona Prep”.
• Daily “drop in” is possible for days a parent did not anticipate needing to use the program. Please go online to register and pay. Also call the school if your child needs to be informed of a change of plans.
• Any child not picked up by the 3:00 bell will be sent to Afters. No child is allowed on the premises unsupervised. In order to insure their safety, no students will be allowed to leave the building at any time after dismissal without a parent or guardian. If a student is left at the school after 3pm they will be taken to the Afters program at the rate of $30. Payment at pick up is preferred. If payment cannot be made at this time a bill will be sent.
• Sport and Activity rate: Students participating in a sport or activity after school can use the Afters program before or after their activity for a reduced rate of $15 per day.
• In the event that you do not wish your child to attend Afters on a particular day please let the Main Office know no later than 2 PM so that your child will be dismissed with the rest of the students.
• If you arrive for pick-up after 5:30 PM, an additional fee of $10.00 per 15 minutes will be charged.
• A snack will be provided by the Afters program. Please notify Afters if there is a food allergy.
• Children will have supervised recreation time and snack. Then all children are expected to do their homework or spend some time reading or studying. Video watching or gameplay will not be allowed during the study period. Help is available from the supervising teacher for students who need assistance with homework. Once homework is completed, if time allows, the children will again have supervised recreation time.
• Parents must provide a phone number where they can be reached between dismissal and 5:30 P.M.
• For the safety of the children, students must be signed out of Afters by a responsible adult designated on the registration form or emergency form filled out at the beginning of the year. If there is a change in the designated pick up person, you must notify the main office before 3:30.
• There is no hourly rate.
• There is NO REFUND for missed days. A credit will be issued only in the cases of a snow day, unscheduled school closing/early dismissal or prolonged absence.
Failure to pay an outstanding balance from the previous month will result in your child not being able to continue to use the Afters program.
• FAILURE OF EITHER PARENTS OR STUDENTS TO COMPLY WITH ALL AFTERS POLICIES WILL RESULT IN THE CHILD BEING REMOVED FROM THE PROGRAM.
• As part of our tuition and fee policy Afters accounts must be settled in full before a student can sit for exams.
• Please be reminded that Afters childcare may be tax deductible. If you wish to receive a statement of payments for your tax records you MUST alert the office when you register your child that you wish to receive a statement in January.
The After School Form