The first step in applying is to set up an account for your son(s) on our Parent Portal. Through the Portal, you will be able to complete an application, upload all necessary documents, and submit requests for recommendations.
In addition to completing the application form, you will be asked for the following in the Portal (Except when applying to PK4 or kindergarten):
· Your son's final report cards for 2018 and 2019.
· Your son's most recent standardized test scores. This may be New York State tests, or other tests such as the Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS or Iowas).
· (If applicable) Your son's IEP or 504 Plan.
· (If applicable) The International Student Fee for those in need of a student visa.
Recommendations from two teachers and/or administrators who are familiar with your son in an academic setting are required for students entering grades 3 through 7. You are able to send requests through the Portal to have teachers and/or administrators submit recommendations. Please do not submit recommendations from coaches; they do not know your son in an academic setting. NOTE: Please do this step right away as many teachers and administrators may vacation or not use their school email accounts during the summer.
In the portal, parents will see a convenient checklist to help them keep track of all requirements.
A visit/interview/evaluation is also required for admission. This will only be conducted once ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS are fulfilled in the Parent Portal. Appointments during the summer months are on Tuesdays, and you can schedule your appointment through the Gael-for-a-Day feature in the Parent Portal. However, if all the other application requirements are not met prior to the visit, the visit will be cancelled.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for applications for the waiting list for 8th grade was January 15th, 2019. We do not expect to have any available places for 8th grade in 2019-20.
• Applicants for the PK-4 program must be 4 years old by
December 31, 2019.
• Applicants for the Kindergarten program must be 5 years old by December 31, 2019.
• Applicants for the First Grade must be 6 years old by December 31, 2019.