Transportation Options to Iona Prep:
1. - Public School District Service
Several Westchester local public school districts provide bus service to a student who attends school outside of the district, if the school is more than three (3), but no more than fifteen (15) miles from the student’s home. Residents must contact their school districts for this service by April 1st for the following school year.
The districts that currently provide this service are:
Ardsley, Briarcliff Manor, Blind Brook, Bronxville, Dobbs Ferry, Eastchester, Elmsford, Greenburgh Central, Harrison, Hastings, Irvington, Mt. Pleasant*, Mamaroneck, Pelham, Rye Neck, Scarsdale, Tuckahoe, Tarrytown*, Valhalla, Port Chester
*May provide a late bus
2. - Metro-North Train - IMPORTANT - (Upper School Only - You must call Metro-North directly at 212-340-3205 with any questions concerning Metro North tickets) This form is for NEW students who have not already registered with this program. It is not necessary to re-register every year.
Register for the Metro-North Mail & Ride Program.
Iona Prep provides bus service from each of the Metro-North Train Lines (PLEASE see Iona Prep Transportation), specifically:
To sign up for the Iona Prep bus service CLICK HERE
3. - Buses from the Bronx (Upper School Only)
NYC Board of Education provides free “Metro Cards” to all New York City students who ride the Bronx (MTA) buses. Cards are available through the Iona’s Main Office.
Some county bus routes (#42, 45, 60, 61) serve the Bronx and connect with the Bee Line Special #458 and #45 at North Avenue and Huguenot Street in New Rochelle. Students have to purchase the Metro Cards that are accepted on these buses.
4. - Bee Line Special #458 and #45 buses (Upper School Only)
The Westchester County Department of Transportation provides a “#458” bus for Iona Prep students only. Students who come from the Bronx, who come from north or south on the Metro North’s New Haven Line, or who live in New Rochelle use this service. This special bus makes one trip that starts at 7:40 AM (on North Avenue near Main Street) in downtown New Rochelle and comes to our front door. The return trip is at 2:50PM and returns to downtown New Rochelle. There is no late bus. If a student misses the #458, he has to take a regular #45 and walk a distance of about ½ mile to/from Iona Prep.
• Reduced Fares are available for New Rochelle residents only and can be purchased at City Hall.
• All other students who ride this bus or any other county Bee Line bus can use a Metro Card that can be purchased at many stores, bus and subway stations. More info: 914 – 813 -7777.
5. - Car Pools (Upper School Only)
A school directory is provided for all registered families to assist with travel plans.