- You will be able to run the online ImPACT concussion baseline assessment smoothly from your desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection BUT you must use an external mouse.
- Also, do not run the laptop from the battery, use the A/C connection.
- Close all other programs before starting the baseline assessment.
- If you have a pop-up blocker installed, you will need to turn it off or temporarily allow pop-ups from our site.
- Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 5.0 and above or Firefox; the baseline assessment is currently ONLY supported by these browsers.
- You must have the most current Macromedia Flash Player installed on your computer to take the baseline assessment.
- To ensure that results are accurate, a parent/guardian must supervise the student-athlete during the baseline assessment procedure.
- The baseline assessment will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
- To ensure the most accurate result, turn off music, TV, or other background noises while taking the baseline assessment. These things can potentially interfere with your ability to answer clear
If you do not have access to a computer with internet connection or have other problems in taking the baseline assessment, please contact Athletic Trainer Caraline Gargiulo.
Accessing the Online ImPACT Concussion Baseline Assessment
- Once a student-athlete is selected to a team, a link will be sent home by the coach to the student-athlete to provide him with this web address for beginning the ImPACT Test procedure.
- This is for your immediate and personal use only and should not be shared with others.
- Click here to begin the ImPACT Test and you will be linked directly to the assessment website.
- Select “New York” in the drop down menu.
- After this, or if no drop down menu appears, enter the following code: 99A25A9598.
- Click on the Launch Baseline Test button. Please only take the test once.
- There are a limited amount of tests that can be done through this site and we cannot afford to waste tests.
- Only current student-athletes attending Iona Preparatory should be testing through this site.
- Initially, you will be directed to a series of questions that you will need to answer before taking the baseline assessment.
- Please answer all questions as honestly as possible.
- Follow the instructions carefully.
- Missing key instructions or not giving the baseline assessment your full attention will affect your results.
- Put in your best effort.
- This is a difficult assessment.
- No one gets everything right, so don't get frustrated.
- If you become confused about the directions, keep trying to do your best.
Please contact Athletic Trainer Caraline Gargiulo if you have any problems and/or questions regarding the baseline assessment, or if you were unable to complete it.