NYS Department of Health has amended Public Health Law 2164.
The following are changes to the New York State immunization requirements for the 2019-20 school year:
All students must be fully immunized to enter school.
- Meningococcal conjugate vaccine:
- Students entering grades 7, 8, 9, and 10 are required to have 1 dose of quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate (MenACWY) vaccine.
- Students entering grade 12 are required to have 2 doses of MenACWY vaccine. If the 1st dose of MenACWY vaccine was received at 16 years of age or older, only 1 dose is required. This requirement is the same as last year.
- Varicella (chickenpox): Students entering grades K (pre-1A), 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 are required to have 2 doses of varicella. One dose of varicella vaccine is required for all other grades.
- Polio: Students entering grades K (pre-1A), 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 , 9, 10, and 11 are required to have 4 doses of polio vaccine, unless the 3rd dose was received at 4 years of age or older, in which case only 3 doses are required. Three doses of polio vaccine are required for all other grades.
For additional information, please see the websites below:
NYSDOH Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet- http://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable.meningococcal/fact_sheet.htm