ATTENTION ALL ATHLETES
Requirements for participation on all Sport Teams:
1. NYS School Health Examination Form: Please have your private pediatrician complete this form to be eligible to participate in sports at Iona Prep.
2. Sports Interval Form: a questionnaire inquiring about any recent injuries and medical conditions. This form is only to be signed by parent and student, and can ONLY be completed within the 30 days of the sport starting date.
A new Interval form is required prior to each sport season!
Possibly also may need:
· Note of Medical Clearance from MD if a recent injury occurred.
Physicals are valid for 13 months. If your physical expires during a month prior to a sport season start date you will need to have a new updated physical before participating in a sport.
Any physical done after November 2017 will be valid for winter sports with a new updated Sport Interval Form submitted and no current injuries or illnesses. Please have forms in between Oct 10-Nov 3.
CLEARANCE FOR ALL SPORTS
NYS Education guidelines for Interscholastic Sports requires that before each season (fall, winter, & spring) all student athletes must be medically cleared though the health office.
The requirements are:
1. A Physical is valid within 13 months of the start of the sport.
2. The Physical must be on the NYS School Health Examination Form.
3. The Student/Athlete has returned a completed, Sport Interval Form 2 to 4 weeks prior to tryouts (no more than 30 days prior to the first day of practice), signed by student and parent.
5. If the student has had an injury that occurred after their most recent Sport Physical date, a medical note from the treating physician is required for clearance.
If you are a multi-sport athlete, you will require: ONE valid Physical on file in the health office, and a NEW Interval Form prior to EACH season starting.
All HEALTH FORMS can be downloaded in the forms section to the right. They may be uploaded and emailed, mailed, faxed, or handed in by student. All forms must be in and reviewed PRIOR to the first day of tryouts!!!
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE DAY OF TRYOUTS TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE!