The efforts and actions of the Iona Prep School Counseling Department are an extension of the Iona Prep Mission Statement and the Essential Elements of a Christian Brothers Education. The School Counseling Department is committed to:
- Supporting the Catholic Identity of Iona Prep
- Celebrating the value and dignity of each person in the school community
- Nurturing the development and integration of the whole student
- Endorsing the collaboration and shared responsibility models in all endeavors
Iona Prep’s School Counselors strive to be professional advocates who collaborate and support students, parents, educators and administrators, and alumni.
It is the vision of the Iona Prep School Counseling Department to be empathic professionals who support and mission of Iona Prep School and collaborate with each of the constituents of the school toward developing the whole student as a moral, ethical leader sensitive to the needs and feelings of others.
School Counselors in the Iona Prep School Counseling Program believe:
- All students can achieve and meet the high standards of Iona Prep School that will result in college and career success
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered, and evaluated by licenses professional school counselors
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive school counseling program promoting student achievement
- Applying the ASCA ethical standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the development of every student