Feb. 13 Lower School Info Sessions Offer an Early Start on Excellence
The best way to "Discover the Iona Prep Difference" at our Lower School is to experience it for yourself at one of two Info Sessions on Thursday, Feb. 13, at 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Learn about our school from the teachers, parents, and students who call Iona Prep home each day.
An Iona Preparatory education is one of the best investments you can make for your son’s development, beginning with prekindergarten and setting the stage for a lifetime of personal and professional success.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP FOR OUR INFO SESSIONS!
Iona Preparatory is now accepting registrations for its “Gael-for-a-Day” student visits. This affords prospective students of all ages the opportunity to spend a day with one of our young men, truly experiencing life as a Gael. Early registration is encouraged, as Gael for a Day visits fill up quickly. Parents are also encouraged to schedule their own tours.
Located on a beautiful 37-acre, collegiate-style campus near the Bronx River and Hutchinson River parkways in New Rochelle, Iona Preparatory School has been developing young men into moral and ethical leaders who are dedicated to Christian service and who strive for spiritual, intellectual and physical excellence for more than 100 years. Discover the Iona Prep Difference!
- More merit scholarships: An Iona Prep education is one of the best investments you can make for your son’s success. More than 72 percent of last year’s graduating seniors earned merit-based academic scholarships to the colleges of their choice, with an average award in excess of $60,000. More than $120,000 million has been amassed by the last five graduating classes!
- Personalized, two-tier school counseling and college advisement program: To ensure college success, Iona Preparatory provides a two-tiered college counseling approach where students are assigned a college counselor in their junior and senior years, serving as an additional support to the student’s regular school counselor. College Essay Boot Camps, College Fairs, a college visit schedule that includes nearly 200 schools further set Iona Prep apart.
- New Signature Programs: Iona Preparatory is proud to announce the expansion of its Superior Talent Enrichment Program (STEP) to include math and science. Historically, eligible freshmen had the opportunity to take advanced classes in English and Global Studies. The new math and science courses will continue to challenge our students to achieve at even higher levels, preparing them for a rich selection of Advanced Placement and dual enrollment (for college credit) courses in their junior and senior years. This is in addition to Iona Prep’s three-year Science Research Program, which gives students an opportunity to conduct advanced-level scientific research under the guidance of a professional mentor.
- Brotherhood, Service, Advocacy and Leadership: Iona Preparatory educates young men to be moral and ethical leaders, strengthened by the bonds of brotherhood and service. In freshman year, students begin their 100-hour Christian Service requirement with the opportunity to volunteer both locally and abroad. Iona Preparatory upperclassmen also develop long-term advocacy projects, while the newly developed House System reinforces these bonds and offers opportunities to advance service and leadership. Campus Ministry opportunities begin as early as pre-k.
- Renovated Devlin Center for Excellence: Iona Preparatory Lower School recently upgraded its library facilities to include a makerspace, storytelling room and banks of collegiate-style workstations, as well as additional classrooms and meeting space complete with SMART technology, to create a more multifaceted learning center for our PK-4-8 students
For more information, please visit IAmIonaPrep.com and discover the Iona Prep difference today!