Discover the Iona Prep Difference at 1 of 3 Fall Open House Events; Be a 'Gael for a Day'
Iona Preparatory School invites students and parents to discover the Iona Prep difference during a series of Open Houses and “Gael for a Day” shadow experiences. Open Houses for prospective Upper School students and parents will be held Sunday, Oct. 21, from 12-3 p.m., and Wednesday, Oct. 24, from 6-8 p.m. The Lower School Open House will take place on Thursday, Oct. 25, from 6-8 p.m. for grades PK-4-8.
- More merit scholarships: An Iona Prep education is one of the best investments you can make for your son’s success. 78 percent of last year’s graduating class earned 475 academic scholarships totaling nearly $30 million—with an average award equivalent to a four-year Iona Prep tuition— to schools such as Brown, Cornell, Harvard, MIT and Yale.
- Personalized, two-tier school counseling and college advisement program: Each student is assigned a dedicated college advisor, in addition to the student’s regular school counselor. New this year is an assistant dean of Scholar-Athlete Success, who will help students successfully navigate both the high school classroom and the college application, recruitment and scholarship process. Last year, Iona Prep’s 871 scholar-athletes averaged a combined GPA of 90.25. Over the past five years, more than 100 Gaels have gone on to play collegiate sports.
- Brotherhood, Service, Advocacy and Leadership: Iona Preparatory educates young men to be moral and ethical leaders, strengthened by the bonds of brotherhood and service. In freshman year, students begin their 100-hour Christian Service requirement with the opportunity to volunteer both locally and abroad. New this year, Iona Preparatory upperclassmen are developing long-term Advocacy Projects that tackle the social justice issues at the heart of their service efforts. Leadership and Campus Ministry opportunities further reinforce these skills starting as early as Pre-K.
- Renovated Devlin Center for Excellence: Iona Preparatory Lower School upgraded its library facilities over the summer to include a maker-space, storytelling room and banks of collegiate-style workstations, as well as additional classroom and meeting space complete with SMART technology, to create a more multifaceted learning center.
- NEW Science Research Program and House System: Iona Preparatory is pleased to announce a three-year Science Research elective that begins in sophomore year, in which students will have the exciting opportunity to conduct advanced-level scientific research and develop a knowledge of science that will distinguish them during the college application process and beyond. That is complemented by a new, school-wide house system that will help create leadership opportunities, as well as camaraderie, among students in all four years of the Upper School.
Source: Admissions Office